Chocolate and Pomeranians

If you didn’t know this already, chocolate is not a good snack for dogs of any breed, size, age, etc. Chocolate is toxic to dogs and can cause significant harm if eaten in large amounts. The smaller the dog, the more impact the toxin can have depending on how much is eaten. For instance, if your large Great Dane eats a small piece of chocolate, he’ll probably be fine. However, if your Pomeranian eats the same size piece of chocolate, he may have a reaction. If your dog gets into your chocolate, please call your vet to find out what you should do. Depending on the size of the dog and the amount of chocolate eaten, your vet may have you just monitor your pup. Signs of poisoning by chocolate may include extreme thirst, diarrhea, unusual amounts of energy, pacing, shaking, or seizures. If in doubt, call your veterinarian services Indianapolis, IN.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s