If you own a Beagle and you have a lot of plants and flowers in your home then you may want to talk with your vet to find out if those plants are safe for your pup to be around. There are nearly 700 types of plants that may be harmful to pets if ingested. Some of these include lilies, bulbs of tulips, azaleas, elephant ears, a variety of ferns, and even the aloe plant just to name a few. If ingested, these plants may cause intense gastrointestinal irritation, drooling, loss of appetite, seizures, vomiting, damage to the central nervous system and cardiac abnormalities. If for any reason you believe your pet may have ingested a toxic plant, call your vet right away. For a complete list of both toxic and non-toxic plants, consult your vet and refer to the ASPCA. You can also contact your vet Aurora, CO for additional information.