Did you know that kennel cough comes in the form of both a viral and bacterial infections? In fact, these infections can cause inflammation in your Black Labrador’s larynx and trachea. Symptoms of kennel cough usually involve a forceful cough or hacking sound in your dog. Some dogs may also develop runny noses, sneezing, and possible eye discharge. Like a human cold, there are various causes of kennel cough and it is highly contagious in dogs. Dogs often pick up the cold when they are exposed to crowded or poorly ventilated conditions found in some kennels and shelters. Cold temperatures, exposure to dust or smoke, and even travel related stress can also be a factor. In most cases, kennel cough is easy to treat and dogs recover completely. Always contact your vet Raritan, NJ if your dog is presenting any of these symptoms as it may be kennel cough or some other illness. More information here.
Small dogs like the Toy Poodle often spend time sunning in the grass. They may not realize that they could be on or near an aunt bed. Owners sometimes don’t realize it right away either. If you see your Toy Poodle scratching excessively you may want to check him for ants especially if he’s been outdoors. If you see that your Toy Poodle is scratching at small red bumps or actual ants, call your vet. If your dog is going to have an allergic reaction to the aunt bites then he may show symptoms within the first 20 minutes. Additional symptoms may show up the next day. Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include swelling of the area around the bites, hives, or even difficulty breathing. Ant bites are usually found on the belly or other hairless areas of your dog. Talk to your vet Georgetown IN to find out how to treat your Toy Poodle.
The garage can be an important source of products and substances that can be extremely harmful for pets.
Pets are extremely sensitive to carbon monoxide poisoning. Distinct signs include twitching muscles, reddish gums, weakness, reddish mucus membranes around the eyes, and wobbly legs. If you think your pet has inhaled a lot of carbon monoxide fumes by accident, get him to fresh air as soon as possible. However, if your pet passes out or is acting strangely, take your pet to the vet clinic immediately.
Discarded car batteries should never be left lying around. It is hazardous not only for your pet, but also for you, and the environment. Battery acid is extremely corrosive and poisoning is very severe.
It is important to remember that vomiting should never be induced because it can possibly cause more damage upon regurgitation. Getting your pet to the Forest Grove, OR vet clinic is the best way to deal with chemical poisoning. See details here.